June DAILY READINGS, JESUS IN 20/20
In November, 2019, we celebrated our 100th birthday. As we begin year 101, we are still encouraged by God’s faithfulness to our congregation, and we are EXCITED at what God has in store for our future.
In December, 2019, we began a congregational study through the life of Christ. We call it…
As a congregation, we are reading through the Gospel story with daily readings, a daily (well, almost daily) blog, plus weekly Sunday School lessons and Sunday messages that cover what we’ve read the week before. We ask that all our members participate by following these simple steps:
- Say a quick prayer that God would show you what He wants you to see from the daily reading.
- Read the daily reading from the Gospels. These are very short and can be followed by anyone, regardless of age or reading proficiency. Reading lists are available at FCC, or can be sent via e-mail upon request.
- Pray that God would help you apply what you read.
- At least once per week, share with another human being some insight, or something the Lord has shown you from the daily readings.
- Feel free to check out the (almost) daily Jesus in 20/20 blog on this site for further insights and inspiration.
Our prayer for the year 2020 will echo Paul’s wish in Philippians 3:10, “I want to know Christ!” When Paul wrote these words, he had already been following Christ for around 25 years. Even so, he felt that he had room to grow in his knowledge of the Lord.
Won’t you consider joining us on this one-year journey of seeking to get a clearer view of Christ, to get to know Him more, to be changed increasingly into His likeness? Whether you are still seeking the truth about the identity and nature of Jesus, or you’ve been following him for decades, we welcome you to experience Jesus in 20/20!